I woke up this morning with these fierce desire to bake. I had no idea what to bake, only that I needed to bake something. The last time I baked was when I was in Oregon (which was about 3 weeks ago). While I was in Oregon I made Rice Krispy treats, Pecan Pie, Huckleberry pie, and Chocolate chip peanut butter cookies. Everything was of course Gluten free as my hubby's sister, some of her friends, and his mom are all gluten intolerant. I will post those recipes later but today I am craving something fresh and something with citrus. So the GF orange pound cake recipe is born. I had a package of Kinnikinnick's white cake mix so with a few tweeks this is the GF Orange pound cake.
Ingredients for the pound cake:
- Kinnikinnick White cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) of Vanilla instant pudding *
- 3/4 C of Orange Juice
- 1/2 C of Vegetable Oil
- 4 eggs
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp of Lemon Extract
*** I used Jello instant vanilla pudding, my husband does not have a reaction to this so we use it. If you are more sensitive try Better Bowls Instant Pudding mix. You can find it on Amazon.***
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Butter and flour ( I used sweet rice flour) your bundt pan
- Pour the cake mix and pudding in mixer. Use a spoon to mix well.
- Add the OJ, Eggs,lemon zest, and lemon extract.
- Mix on low until all blended and not lumpy (about 3 - 4 minutes)
- Pour into your prepared pan and bake for about 40-50 minutes
- Once cake is cooled and out of pan, combine your toppings all in a bowl and whisk to mix.
- I poked holes in my cake then drizzled the topping all over it and served.