Thursday, May 12, 2011

Gluten Free Berry Cobbler (super easy)


I have a plethora of fruit at my house right now. The weather is lovely here in California and that means lots of delicious berries for me to eat. The problem with all the lovely berries is that I can't eat them fast enough before the berries get close to spoiling. That is where today's recipe comes in to play. Cobblers are delicious, easy, and use my excess of berries. This recipe is so easy and simple it will not take you any time (I promise).

Ingredients

1 C of GF all purpose flour
1 C of milk
4 tbsp of butter
3/4 C of sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1/8 tsp of cinnamon
2 1/2 to 3 C of fruit (I used blueberries and strawberries)
1 tbsp of sugar

  • heat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Put butter in an 8-inch square or 9-inch round pan; set in oven to melt. When butter has melted, remove pan from oven.
  • Whisk flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder,cinnamon, and salt in small bowl. Add milk and vanilla; whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour batter into pan, then scatter fruit over batter.
  • Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tb. of sugar.
  • Bake until batter browns and fruit bubbles, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream or a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Bon Appetit.

1 comment:

Pam said...

don't forget the cool whip!