Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Homemade Butter


It was time to try this out. I have always wanted to make homemade butter but never actually made myself, until today. I had some heavy cream that I needed to use before it went sour (lovely I know).

I am going to link a video that shows everything.
The only change I did was I did not have manufacturers cream, I had heavy whipping cream.
The process of getting to extract the buttermilk took a considerable amount of time.
Much longer than the video says, I think it's because there is not as much fat in heavy cream like in manufactures cream so it just takes longer. Anyway, it took about 15 minutes before the buttermilk came out but everything else in the video worked perfect.

**** make sure you put your shield up on your kitchen aid, it is a messy process otherwise.****

1 comment:

Pam said...

I believe this butter is missing one crucial ingredient...