Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gluten Free Take on Ina Garten's Cracker.


First off let me say that Ina Garten is my favorite chef and also my favorite TV chef. The world could be coming to an end and I would be sipping my tea watching an episode of the Barefoot Contessa. Everything on her show is so calming, so relaxing and so east Hamptons, at least what I imagine to be east Hampton. Ina's recipes are always a hit. I have made several of her dishes and never have I been disappointed. The woman is an acclaimed chef for a reason. I have made her cracker before and it was phenomenal. Ina's (yes I am on a first name basis with her) was a Thyme and Parmesan cracker. My variation on the cracker was Rosemary and Parmesan. Reason for changing her cracker was simple, I didn't have Thyme on hand at the time when I made these crackers. So today yet another variation on her cracker, going Gluten Free. I love the taste of a homemade cracker, it's very comforting to smell the parmasean and rosemary baking in the oven and the recipe is super simple. Here is what you need.

Ingredients:

1 stick of butter
3 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/4 C of Bobs All Purpose GF Flour
1 tsp of chopped Rosemary
1/2 tsp of black pepper ( I prefer fresh cracked)
1/4 tsp of kosher salt

Place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix until creamy. Add the Parmesan, flour, salt, rosemary and pepper and combine.

Dump the dough on a lightly floured board and roll into a 13-inch long log. Wrap the log in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.

Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut the log crosswise into 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick slices. Place the slices on a sheet pan and bake for about 25 minutes. Then turn them over and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Longer depending on how brown you want them.

Bon Appetit


1 comment:

Pam said...

These crackers look yummy