Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gluten Free Vanilla Lemon Cupcakes with a Vanilla Marionberry Honey Buttercream


So today I decided to keep it easy. I can not be bothered to spend too much time in the kitchen when the weather is as nice, as it was today. My mom's coworker gave us a huge batch of homemade salsa (which is delicious) and tortilla chips. To say thank you I wanted to make her a little something sweet. I have raspberries in the picture but the recipe is made with a marionberry honey that I got when I went to Oregon. This is a super easy recipe for anyone

Oven Preheated to 325 degrees

Ingredients for the cupcakes:

Pamela's Vanilla cake mix (gluten free of course)
1/3 C oil
2/3 C water
2 lemons, zested and juiced
4 eggs ( I used 1 more to make the cupcakes more fluffy)

Mix all the ingredients together and pour in a lined cupcake pan.
I baked mine for about 23 minutes


Frosting ingredients:
1 C of butter
3 C of powdered sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
3 tbsp of Marionberry Honey



3 comments:

Pam said...

How come none of these cupcakes made it to the desert?

Thanisha said...

I forgot to get a cupcake travel box and DJ's air was on the fritz. I didn't want to get there and have a box of mush. When we come down in May for D's Bachelorette party I am going to be bringing a variety of cupcakes.

Pam said...

sweet!